Saturday, May 07, 2011

Springtime in Toronto

As this morning was particularly beautiful and sunny, I decided to bring along the camera to capture some of the beauty blooming around the neighborhood right now. In particular, I was eager to catch some snaps of the gorgeous, but short-lived, Magnolia blossoms. Due to a cold spring, these lovely flowers showed up a little later than the norm, and since I will be away in Halifax for most of the upcoming week, I fear I will miss most of their annual glory. Thankfully, Toronto only gets more lush as spring turns into summer, so there is plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks!

I am very, very excited to go to Nova Scotia - it will be my first voyage to the Maritimes, but hopefully the first of many! The purpose of the trip is the CAC Annual Meeting, where I will be delivering a short paper. But aside from the academic side of things, I think I will have a great time with my schoolmates checking out the amazing harbor city.

Magnolias in bloom.


Sunny yellow Tulips.


Springtime Dolly.


Ahhh, Daffodils!


Brightest red Tulips.


Dolls n' Dad.

2 comments:

Jen27 said...

Such pretty pics, Sarah! So glad to see that everything is blooming. And gotta love Springtime Dolly ;)

Sarah said...

Thanks, Jen! Hope you are enjoying the spring so far!